Animal Diet/Food Preparation Volunteer Position
Are you passionate about animal welfare and have a keen eye for detail in food preparation? We are seeking dedicated individuals, 18 years of age or older, to join our team as Animal Diet/Food Preparation Volunteers at Cat Tales Wildlife Center. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the proper diet and nutrition for our beloved animals, working alongside our animal care staff, interns, and students in the diet/food preparation kitchen.
- Work Schedule: The volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of two days per week, between Tuesdays and Sundays.
- Shift Timing: You will be expected to start at 7:30 am and conclude at 1:30 pm. Full-day shifts are also available.
- Food Safety and Knife Handling: Strict adherence to food safety precautions and proper knife handling techniques is imperative to maintain a safe environment for both humans and animals. Violation of these protocols may lead to immediate termination.
- Food Preparation: Your responsibilities will include food preparation for animals’ meals, which involves working with raw meats, accurately measuring ingredients, and ensuring the highest quality diets for our animals.
- Cleaning and Sanitation: Keeping the diet/food preparation kitchen clean and sanitized is essential to maintain a hygienic environment.
- Other Duties: Additional tasks may include dishwashing, laundry, floor mopping, and precise and timely record-keeping each day.
- Physical Requirements: This position involves physically arduous work, including lifting up to 40 pounds, prolonged standing, and correctly squatting and lifting heavy food containers. Volunteers must be physically capable of handling these tasks.
- Indoor Work: The majority of the work will take place indoors, except for occasional trash removal as needed.
- Passion for Animal Care: A genuine love for animals and their well-being is crucial for success in this volunteer role.
- Food Safety Knowledge: Basic knowledge of food safety protocols and proper knife handling is essential.
- Physical Endurance: The role requires physical stamina to perform tasks that involve lifting and prolonged standing.
- Attention to Detail: Precise measurements and accurate record-keeping are vital aspects of this position.
- Team Player: As part of our animal care team, you will work collaboratively to ensure the best care for our animals.
- Meaningful Contribution: Your efforts as an Animal Diet/Food Preparation Volunteer directly impact the health and nutrition of our animals.
- Learning Opportunity: Gain valuable experience in food preparation and safety protocols within an animal care environment.
- Fulfillment: Knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of our animals brings immense satisfaction.
This role requires meticulous attention to food safety and sharp knife handling to ensure the safety of both humans and animals. Your dedication to following protocols will contribute significantly to the well-being of our animal residents.
Please complete the Volunteer Application in order for us to schedule your intake interview.
We appreciate your interest in joining our team at Cat Tales Wildlife Center and becoming an essential part of our mission to provide the best care for our cherished animals.