Volunteer Application and Acceptance Terms and Conditions
- I understand that the information on my volunteer application is subject to check and verification by Cat Tales Wildlife Center, and that my previous and present employers, organizations, and volunteer associations may be asked for information as to my character and record with them. I hereby grant permission to Cat Tales Wildlife Center to contact these employers, organizations, and volunteer associations, and further, I hereby authorize my former and/or present employers, organizations, and volunteer associations to give any information as to my character and employment record with them.
- I also grant permission to Cat Tales Wildlife Center to obtain information from and/or copy police and court records in order to conduct a pre-volunteer investigation on me. I hereby release from all liability and damages those individuals, companies, organizations, or agencies who provide information as stated above.
- Should I become a volunteer, I agree to comply with all rules and regulations of Cat Tales Wildlife Center. I understand that I am applying for a voluntary position to help Cat Tales Wildlife Center in a non-paid position. I realize that there are many hazards at Cat Tales Wildlife Center that deal with animals, diseases, and other dangerous and unpredictable injuries. I am aware of my own health and physical limitation, which might not be obvious to my supervisor. I realize that it is my responsibility to decline any work that is beyond my capacity (physical or mental), so that my safety and health is maintained.
- I agree to release and hold harmless Cat Tales Wildlife Center from any accident, injury, illness, or damage sustained as a volunteer, while serving in such a capacity. I waive my rights to seek any form of damages and instruct my heirs and beneficiaries to honor this agreement. The parties to this Agreement do hereby mutually recognize that Cat Tales Wildlife Center does not provide Workman’s Compensation or any other type of liability insurance. Accordingly, persons such as volunteers are not covered by Cat Tales Wildlife Center for such forms of insurance.
- If placed in an Animal Care Department, the volunteer will be responsible for paying for a TB test at a doctor or facility of his/her choice. For the welfare of the employees and animals, Cat Tales Wildlife Center requires all volunteers working in Animal Care departments to receive a TB test, and have it read negative, in order to volunteer at Cat Tales Wildlife Center in such capacity. If proof of negative TB test is available, current within the last 12 months, please submit proof with application. The volunteer must be current on their Tetanus vaccination; proof must be provided once the applicant is accepted into the Cat Tales Wildlife Center Volunteer Program in the Animal Care Department. All vaccinations are at the volunteer's expense.
- I certify that the information given by me in this volunteer application is true and complete. Furthermore, I certify that I have read and understand the above.