Guest Services Volunteer – Ticket Booth / Gift Shop / Tour Guide
Welcome to an exciting opportunity to be part of our Guest Services team as a Volunteer at Cat Tales Wildlife Center. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a friendly disposition to join us in creating memorable experiences for our guests. As a Guest Services Volunteer, you will have the chance to work in various roles, including Ticket Booth, Gift Shop, and Tour Guide, to ensure our visitors have a fantastic time while learning about our animals and mission.
- Work Schedule: The volunteer position is available on Thursdays through Sundays, with a minimum commitment of one day per week.
- Shift Timing: Your shift will be from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, and during winter hours, it will be until 4:00 pm.
- Interacting with Guests: You will be the welcoming face of our organization, interacting with guests, answering their questions, and providing information about our animals and mission.
- Ticket Booth / Gift Shop: Operating the point-of-sale (POS) system for ticket sales, memberships, and Gift Shop purchases will be part of your responsibilities. Additionally, you’ll be involved in restocking merchandise and keeping the Gift Shop clean and organized.
- Grounds Maintenance: Ensuring the grounds are picked up and presentable is essential to create a pleasant environment for our guests.
- Tour Guide: For those interested in the Tour Guide role, you will lead guests on tours, answering questions, and providing insights about the animals in outdoor areas.
- Animal Feeding Adventures: Some Tour Guide volunteers may be trained to conduct animal feeding adventures with guests.
- Learning Materials: We provide tour text information, and volunteers are encouraged to use it until they have learned the tour details by memory.
- Friendly Disposition: A warm and welcoming attitude is crucial, as you will be directly interacting with our guests.
- Computer Literacy: Basic familiarity with computerized POS systems is preferred, but training will be provided.
- Accuracy and Speed: The ability to handle transactions with accuracy and efficiency is essential for this role.
- Tour Guide Skills: Tour Guides should feel comfortable engaging with guests, answering questions, and leading informative tours.
- Physical Capabilities: The position is not physically demanding, but some tasks may require lifting, standing, sitting, and cleaning. Tour Guides should be prepared to be outdoors in various seasons and weather conditions.
- Meaningful Impact: Your role as a Guest Services Volunteer directly contributes to creating positive experiences for our guests and supporting our mission.
- Variety of Roles: Experience working in different roles, including Ticket Booth, Gift Shop, and Tour Guide, providing you with a diverse and fulfilling volunteering experience.
- Welcoming Environment: Be part of a friendly and supportive team committed to wildlife education and conservation.
Your presence as a Guest Services Volunteer is vital to ensuring our guests have a memorable and enjoyable visit. Your friendly demeanor and dedication to your role contribute significantly to the success of our organization.
If you are excited about engaging with guests, sharing knowledge about our animals, and being part of our mission, we welcome you to apply for this volunteer opportunity.
Please complete the Volunteer Application in order for us to schedule your intake interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining us at Cat Tales Wildlife Center, where every volunteer plays an essential part in making a difference for wildlife and our visitors.